Pre-Purchase Building Inspections
Purchasing your new home or investment
Purchasing a house, unit or townhouse can be stressful enough without purchasing a property that is affected by significant defects which may not be obvious to an untrained eye. You can have confidence with DHBA (David Hall Building Appraisals) as we have more than 30 years’ experience in undertaking pre-purchase building inspections for a house, home, unit, villa or townhouse.
DHBA Consultants have specialist knowledge of older building construction and typical issues/maintenance requirements for building between 1840 to 1940 so no matter whether your new home is new or built in another era we can help.
What is covered in a Pre-Purchase Inspection?
Pre-purchase Building Inspections uncover defects within buildings and can vary significantly depending upon the age of the building, extent of maintenance undertaken, illegal or sub-standard building works involved or additions. Typically, the sort of issues are structural cracking to buildings, leaking showers, sagging roofs, leaks from skylights, leaking windows, condensation mould, rising dampness and penetration dampness.
Unforeseen repairs or issues that exist prior to purchase could mean that you are adding thousands of dollars to the cost of your ownership. Getting a Pre-Purchase Inspection Report is your assurance that there are no nasty surprises.
Why use our Pre-Purchase Inspection Services?
A DHBA Pre-Purchase Building Inspection report is professionally produced and easy to read, allowing you to make an informed decision required repairs or maintenance over the next 3-5 years.
The advantages of DHBA pre-purchase building inspections include the following:
- All inspections are carried out by a qualified Consultant.
- An extensive inspection report is provided with email copy completed within a few days after the site inspection or next day as arranged.
- High resolution photographs on the property and particularly any issues
- Information Sheets where appropriate on repairs or recommendations for the best products to address defects.
- All reports are completed to the Australian Standard, AS 4349.2-2018 or better.
- Report costs are GST inclusive and represent good value for the extent and detail of information provided.
- A purchaser can contact the inspector should there be any queries relating to the report provided.
- Pest inspections are available from qualified and licensed pest operators.
Our inspectors are members of the Master Builders Association, Housing Industry Association and the Australian Institute of Building Consultants and attend regular meetings and seminars in specialist areas to remain informed of latest trends and new products.